No products in the cart.
OX SPEEDSKIM PLASTERING RULES
We have a huge range of the entire OX Speedskim plastering Rules and darbies. Choose from a great selection of products from the Ox Speedskim range available from PFT Wales online or at our Trade counter in Swansea. We have great bundle packages available at discount prices
Give PFT Wales a call to advise you on the benefits of each different speedskim rule and blade
OX Tools are fast becoming the most popular brand of tools worldwide, winning awards for design and innovation, Ox tools have been supplying the construction industry for over 40 years. Plasterers worldwide are selecting OX tools brand above more popular brands as they are happy and excited by having the latest time saving tools on the market. The Speedskim after being launched has proved a huge success and has changed the way Multi finish skimming is finished in the UK
- OX SPEEDSKIM SEMI FLEXIBLE PLASTERING RULE is the new and revolutionary tool system designed to increase meterage output and enhance quality of finish at the same time significantly reducing the harmful effects of fatigue & RSI
- Flattening, finishing & ruling off
- Compatible with all gypsum based plasters (hand and spray applied), Traditional sand & cement renders and insulated rendering systems
- Ox Speedskim Plastering Rules Complete with integral blade guard
- The original speedskim plastic spatula. Perfect spatula for flattening skim plasters. Plastic blade is changeable, and can be swapped for different blades in the speedskim range. Handle on the speed skim is a comfortable darby type grip that can be clipped onto an attachment to use with a speedskim extension pole
Speedskim ST Technology™ – The Advantages
- OX SPEED SKIM SEMI FLEXIBLE PLASTERING RULE Allows flattening back immediately after plaster application – Accelerating the whole Plastering process.
- ‘Flattens back’ and ‘rules off’ in a fraction of the time over conventional Featheredges and Darby’s.
- Ox Speedskim Plastering Rules Brings no moisture to the surface allowing quicker deployment of final steel trowel accelerating the overall process.
- Blade profile with specially formed ribs accelerates the distribution of plaster over a wider area, and dramatically improves levelling of uneven surfaces. In addition these unique ribs hold on to excess plaster.
- Unique ergonomic design and lightweight construction gives increased comfort to the Plasterer. In reducing the need for the steel trowel during certain aspects of the plastering process the effects of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) on fingers, wrists and upper body are dramatically reduced.
- Innovative component design gives increased blade stability in wide ranging seasonal temperatures – straight blade system.
- New button release robust end caps give Speedskim® unique interchangeable blade feature – making all sizes extremely versatile and cost effective.
- Speedskim Technology™ has been developed to make a number of other Building Trade applications faster and easier too – Producing a higher quality Finish.
Speedskim Flexible Plastering Rule Ox Speedskim Plastering Rules
Designed to reduce tiredness and increase output & productivity for plastering and skimming, when being used during the skim coat, OX Speedskim special range of blades allow rapid ‘flattening/closing in’ straight after the plaster is applied. With no moisture on the surface, this achieves a flatter and faster finish. This allows plasterers to complete larger surface areas quickly and easily.
Improving Quality of Finish
Achieving a smooth, perfectly flat finish can be tricky on uneven substrates, OX Speedskim plastering products were specially developed to help professionals and even keen d.i.y.’ers with this, providing an improved finish in a shorter amount of time.
Ox Speedskim Plastering Rules Ergonomically Designed
The tough, lightweight design of OX speedskim tools offers comfort to plasterers. A major plus when you’ve got a big surface area to tackle. The unique handle design allows a more natural hand positioning when you rule off or use to flatten back. This means you no longer have to worry about repetitive strain issues – OX Speedskim eliminates the need for any traditional plastering trowel.
We stock an amazing range of speedskim products and also have OX Speedskim Trade Packages in a variety of sizes which contain everything you need to get started with the revolutionary way of plastering.
OX SPEEDSKIM STAINLESS FLEX FINISHING RULE available in different sizes, used for trowelling up multi finish and thistle board finish it can replace a Flexible Trowel by placing more of the blades edge on the surface of the plaster to be trowelled up
The OX Speedskim stainless flexible finishing rule is a superb addition as a superflex style spatula. The multi finish or board finish can be layed down or flattened in in larger areas uses 1 of the different sized speedskim blades. The stainless flex speedskim rule can also be changed if required to any of our other speedskim blades.
– Speedskim SF plastering spatula is Great for fine finishing and polishing medium size areas (applications as listed below), but also copes very well with those larger areas. Weighing only 1.2 kg the New SF 600mm is incredibly light and is perfect for both walls and ceilings.
Incredibly effective in Airless plaster Spray applications – ultra-smooth finishing!
About the NEW SF Range (Patented Technology):
The OX SPEEDSKIM STAINLESS FLEX FINISHING RULE plastering spatula is Designed specifically for those who wish to finish the work using stainless steel as the contact point, the New Speedskim SF range is now available
Complementing the existing ST blades perfectly the New Speedskim SF delivers a smooth eggshell finish. With all the attributes and advantages in terms of flexibility, the New SF runs perfectly over flat substrates e.g. plasterboard over metal stud (as you would expect) – but also delivers an incredible finish on less forgiving (uneven) substrates, typically found in older properties. The New Speedskim SF™ enables the Plasterer to complete the final stages of the work at great pace.
Combining the flexibility of PVC with ultra-thin 0.3mm spring stainless steel, the SF needs virtually no breaking in and is good to go! Bonded using 3M high performance tape this unique composite design allows the laminated blade materials to expand and contract during ranging temperatures – straight blade system.
THE NEW SF – PERFECT FOR ALL FINISHING PLASTERS AND DRYWALL COMPOUNDS
- Thistle Multi-Finish & Board Finish
- Thistle Universal One Coat
- New Thistle Magnetic Plaster
- Thistle Spray Finish works great with Ox Speedskim Plastering Rules
- Ready Mixed Joint Cement
- Gyproc ProMix Lite
- MP Finish
- Knauf Drywall Joint Filler Compounds
- Knauf Joint Cement Easy Sand – Lite
- One Coat systems
- Rapid Coat compound systems
OX SPEEDSKIM PLASTERING RULES
£73.95 – £89.952 items sold£73.95 – £89.95Compare2 items sold
£75.95 – £119.952 items sold£75.95 – £119.95Compare2 items sold
£44.99 – £72.994 items sold£44.99 – £72.99Compare4 items sold
OX Speedskim Reviews
DIY'er Reviewer plasterer
" Great bit of kit. Really good for flattening and finishing. Really speeds the process up. The manufacturer responded to review feedback and curved the end edges which helps prevent leaving lines on your work. Highly recommended for plastering... even for beginners "
" Now plastering is not my favourite pastime, this however made the experience much better. Using a 1200 speedskim st and a 600 speedskim st the job went smoother (no pun intended) Trowel on, flatten off Using the speedskim then polish up. Great Product "
" If you plaster a fair amount this certainly speeds things up a bit. I'd say it's a must have ( to be honest I have several sizes now and it's increased my productivity by a fair amount).
Having done a lot of plastering, I thought it’s time to treat my self to a stainless steel speedskim. I think they’re brilliant especially when skimming big hits. It takes minutes to flatten off. I wouldn’t skim again without it!
Well, only had it day... delivery superb. Used it on 1 wall. As an enthusiastic diy person, I've dot dabbed walls, and used multi finish. Ceiling ok. Didn't have this tool then. But used on a wall so far. Awesome. Trowelled on 1st coat, used this to flatten. In fact, so good, i didn't did second coat! Trowelled up and sprayed water to finish. Wall imo is excellent. May one day treat myself to the handle for ceilings. So good for flattening. Glad i got the stainless 900 mm. Perfect. Oh, 4 stars cos its nearly 60 quid, but i guess ok if you're in the trade.
Recieved mine today. Really fast delievery. Must of been packaged good enough as item looks like no faults. Cant wait to test it out 2moro on skim. For anyone who wonders what these are like ive tried ones something like this. They literly take 5-10 mins to first trowel in all the upstairs of a house (every room split). Plenty of time saved to throw on alot more skim, give u plenty of time to continue troweling them or just if u want to decrease the stress on the body. Must have tool lads. Even if u dont like it u can polish the walls last trowel with them, takes about 30 seconds a wall if u were to use it for that!! No matter what you will get your use outta it for something. Anyone who gives low stars either isnt a professional to notice the benefits or cant use it
The time and effort this saves you flattening and finishing it's worth every penny. My only regret is not buying it sooner. If your unsure if it's worth the money, now I've used it, I'd pay twice the amount for one. Also, having also used an all plastic, I definitely prefer this, as I can use up till the final pass
Anthony Neale HarmanPlasterer
Bought this speed skim because I wanted to skim a wall very flat to fix a new fire surround to it, did the job great, really pleased with it